The PFRES EMS Division is committed to continuous evaluation and improvement of the processes we use to provide quality emergency medical care. The EMS Division treats all clinical reviews with confidentiality and respect, and with the goal of improving communication and team work with field practitioners and receiving hospitals.
The PFRES EMS Division, under the guidance of the Department’s Medical Director, oversees and manages the delivery of emergency medical services in the following ways:
- Clinical Performance Management- ensures the Department is providing the highest quality out-of-hospital health care to the public through compassionate, proficient practitioners.
- Education and Training- provides PFRES personnel with the education and training skills necessary to maintain a high degree of proficiency in the delivery of emergency care and services. The Division of Training EMS staff is responsible for curriculum development and training oversight and the Medical Director ensures the training program reflects the best contemporary practices in EMS education.
- Administration- focuses on internally-oriented management, support, and oversight functions necessary to ensure effective and efficient Department operations. Examples of administrative functions include finance and budgeting, compliance with federal and state regulations, human resource management, medical records management and release of information, and customer service.
- Research- includes activities to evaluate new practices, techniques, and equipment with the intent to improve emergency care.
- Paramedic Amy Ward: Clinical Care Coordinator
- Paramedic: EMS Training Coordinator
- Paramedic Dawn Burrows: CHECK-UP Program
- Donald Byars, MD: Operational Medical Director